Today I’m breaking from my typical routine of writing about digital marketing and strategy trends to talk a bit about a big personal milestone. It is with much excitement that I share the news of some big changes for me and my family: I have left ThoughtWorks to head for new pastures.
My next career challenge: I am joining TrackMaven in Washington, DC, as their Senior Director of Professional Services and Customer Success. I am starting this month and soon after, I will also be looking into moving the family back east as well.
What I Am Most Looking Forward To
I am excited to be joining my fellow Mavens on many levels, but I’ll elaborate on a few specific reasons here.
- TrackMaven has a great product that fills a universal need for omni-channel marketers: the benchmarking, monitoring and trending of competitive analytics across all digital channels. I’ve been a customer/user for a couple of years now, and we continue to find new ways to use the data that the service provides. I cannot wait to help build new levels of awareness around the product, help our customers get better insights into its use and potentially craft new forms of marketing education and services using it as a platform.
- A fun-loving culture. There is a love of the craft of marketing, and that of helping customers solve problems that comes from every member of the team. This spills onto customers as well, not solely through Corgi photos and cupcakes, but also by creating unique quality content.
- Building relationships with marketing leaders. If you know me well, you also know that I am a connector, and lover of people. As a part of my role, I will be able to forge new bonds with marketers in organizations of many different shapes and sizes.
The Extra Benefits
- Proximity to friends and family. Being based in DC, I’ll now get to visit many more of our closest friends within a few hour drive.
- DC is such a great city. Filled with so many amazing free things to do and see and eat, I cannot wait to share it with the boys.
During the last several weeks, I’ve had a chance to reflect on many life themes from the last decade. Specifically, these include life in northern California, product management, health and wellness and career changes. I’ll be sharing some of those thoughts here, in addition to my typical areas of focus, digital marketing and strategy. I would be very thankful if you subscribed and offered feedback on anything that resonates with you.
Also published on Medium.